The Global Women’s Summit is a world-wide movement to strengthen women and families through education, enlightenment, & entrepreneurism in an effort to eradicate illiteracy, poverty, & hunger and lift the level of love, prosperity, and peace on earth. Sponsored by The WIN (Women’s Information Network), there will be over 1000 Summits across the globe in 2012 from London to Bangalore, to Kenya to Australia, to many places here in the US.
At each Global Women’s Summit community leaders and local experts will share their ideals around the issues facing women in our communities and nation. In addition, participants and attendees will discuss the following questions:
- How can we acknowledge our similarities and respect our differences? (Discussing how women are alike and how they’re different is a wonderful foundation upon which to understand each other better.)
- How can we strengthen women’s roles for increased peace and development in communities, nations, and the world? (Women know how they want their roles strengthened.)
- How can women live in greater dignity and contribute to the well-being of other women in their communities, nations, and in the world? (This issue varies widely from country to country.)
After our Global Women’s Summits, the ideas shared will be discussed with local, national, and international leaders so they will know what women want and can take steps to initiate positive changes relative to women’s issues in each nation.
Fall of 2011 Los Angeles Event
Every Global Women’s Summit is a rich combination of:
- Keynote presentation: Believe It! Become It! How to Overcome Obstacles and Excel in Every Area of Your Life
- Presentations by local experts/leaders who offer solutions to the challenges women face in their communities/countries.
- Discussion, with attendees, of the three initiatives listed above.
- A lovely lunch shared by all (included in the price of admission).
- Uplifting musical presentation.
- Awards Ceremony honoring women who receive IWD Outstanding Service Awards.
The Columbus Event is scheduled for April 28th
The theme of the summit will be “Let Your Voice be Heard in 2012.” We will be discussing the role of women in Ohio, the challenges we are facing, and how our roles will be changing in the future in an effort to help women live their best lives. This information will be collected and shared at the United Nations this September. Our current goal is the have at least 750 people attend this event.
How Can You Be a Part of This Powerful Event?
Columbus Global Women’s Summit Agenda
|9:30||Official Beginning ~ Welcome to the Global Women’s Summit ~ Linda Pringle EvansIntroduction of Speakers; “Women of the World” Video PresentationKeynote address by Dr. Paula Fellingham: “Believe it! Become it! How to Overcome Obstacle and Excel in Every Area of your Life”|
|10:30||Joyce Whitson – I Believe I Can FlyVideo – Marianne Williamson / Video – Susan Boyle|
|10:50||Introducing the Vendors / Break / Networking|
|11:15||A. J. Casey – Speaker – STOMP|
|12:00||Open Interactive Discussion #1 with Participants: “In what ways are we similar to our sisters locally and internationally? How do we acknowledge similarities between women/communities/nations, and also respect differences?”|
|12:30||Lunch Break / Networking|
|1:45||Pamela Conn – Zumba Instructor|
|2:00||Linda Pringle Evans – Speaker – Personal Message|
|2:15||Open Interactive Discussion #2 with Participants: “How do you want women’s roles to be strengthened for increased peace and development in this community/ nation/ world?”|
|2:45||Introduce Vendors / Break / Networking|
|3:15||Diana Garber – Speaker – The Time is Now for Women|
|4:00||Panel of Experts Discuss / Q & A: “How can we as women live in greater dignity and contribute to the well-being of women and families in this community/nation/the world?”|
|4:30||Awards Ceremony: “Global Women’s Summits Outstanding Leadership Awards” presented to award recipients. Honorees Include: Les Wright, Dr. Kathy Krendl, Elizabeth Lessner, Andrea Cambern and Guadalupe Velasquez|
|5:00||Harold Palmer- WINNER|